This is an exchange initiative between schools that involves activities and workshops that are organized to raise awareness and sensitize the more-fortunate in matters relating to Human Rights, Childhood rights, SDO (Sustainable Development Objectives) and Cooperation for Development; thereby engaging the entire educational community.
This project aims to establish lines of collaboration with schools in order to inform children of primary and secondary school age and young people in High Schools and Vocational Training, about the reality that millions of children, boys and girls of the same age living in India, and the response we give through the projects we promote in the city of Bombay.
The main objective of this project is to raise awareness, disseminate and train in Human Rights, Children’s Rights, the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) and Cooperation for Development through educational materials and workshops that we offer. At the same time, Smiling Schools will promote participatory activities including teachers, students and parents associations, both to raise awareness and to raise funds, which will be used for the educational projects we carry out.
• Awareness-raising talks
• Educational resources
• Workshops to promote values of solidarity, commitment and social and gender equality among children and young people.
• Awareness-raising materials
• In addition, each Smiling School will have a direct relationship with a classroom in one of the Mumbai schools we work with through exchange activities between students: letters, a videoconference at the end of the school year and other activities through which they can share information.
• Promote participation in the field of social action in schools, involving teachers, students and the parents associations.
• To implement some of the training proposals that we offer.
• Carry out at least one fundraising activity during the school year. Some examples: charity breakfast, sale of roses at Sant Jordi’s Day, theatre play or concert, street markets…
• Include the seal of the collaborating school on the website, and a brief description of the project.
We are looking for schools like yours to join the Smiling Schools project so that we can move forward together towards knowledge and respect for Human Rights and Children’s Rights.
JOIN OUR CAUSE