Transparency is what ensures smooth functioning of any project or organisation. At Mumbai Smiles, we believe in complete transparency with our beneficiaries, donors and partners. And for this purpose, our projects keep conducting regular review meets with our beneficiaries as well as partners. While this helps all of us to keep track of our progress and issues, it also acts as a support system for everyone involved to foresee and solve any problems that may arise or have risen so far.
Recently, the First Review Meet was held with the Principals of the partner schools of Higher Education and Girl Child Education projects and this meet covered some very important topics like
- Updates on the Scholarship Process (2016-2017)
- Collection of Annual Planners from each partner school
- Take feedback and suggestions from the principals about activities, process of admission and scholarship
- Open discussion on issues related to the activities related to the projects
- Coordinate with schools for conducting Life Skills Sessions for the beneficiaries
- Orientation session for the principals on the concept and functioning of the Jump2Justice and how it is going to be linked with other projects for advocacy.
One of the most important concerns raised was limiting the number of new beneficiaries this year and to this, Sarvoparita Parmar (Unit Head, Education) explained to them the reasons behind it, saying “We are now consciously trying to focus on Quality rather than Quantity and that is why this year the scholarships have been restricted to old beneficiaries only. The most important aspect, this year, is the capacity building sessions, life skills sessions and other vocational activities for Value Education to ensure Quality education for our beneficiaries that helps them build a quality future for themselves.” And all the Principals agreed gladly!
The future plans for the educational projects with these partner schools now include the Life Skills Sessions at the schools as well as session on the Right to Education, to empower all the beneficiaries with correct information and their Right!